2011 Mini Folding Bike.
|Search for Mini Folding Bike : 2011 on:|
April 22, 2011.
Mini presents the eco-friendly solution to the parking space problem in city centres. The brand is celebrating the comeback of the folding bike with a modern version of the practical means of locomotion.
The special gimmick: when folded, the Mini Folding Bike fits into the boot of almost every vehicle – and most definitely into the Mini.
When travelling into the city, simply park the car outside the overcrowded city centre, then continue on the bike and relax. Park & Ride with an environmentally conscious understatement!
The bike is also absolutely suitable for commuters and impresses in urban travels. When folded, it can be taken free of charge on public transport.
The Mini Folding Bike presents itself as a genuine high-tech vehicle: high-quality components, a light-weight aluminium frame and a clever folding mechanism make the trendy bike the ideal companion while travelling. The bike can be folded and unfolded in just a few seconds. The bike is folded along the crossbar and handlebars. In addition the saddle can be retracted and the pedals be folded up. This makes the bike extremely easy to handle whilst saving space. Fitted in a sleeve under the saddle is a practical transport bag.
The Mini Folding Bike can easily match the riding characteristics of a “normal” bike. Weighing less than 11 kilos and equipped with 8 gears and 20-inch wheels, it is quick and versatile. The teflon-coated chain prevents annoying soiling caused by chain oil and reduces the wear and tear on the components. The comfortable gel saddle ensures comfort. Thanks to the front and rear mudguards, you can carry on peddling regardless, even in the rain. Good visibility on the road is guaranteed by the accompanying reflectors.
Even on two wheels Mini proves its unmistakable design expertise. The bike comes in exquisite matt black. Silver highlights are set by the Mini lettering on the crossbar, the brand logo on the handlebars and the Union Jack motif on the rear forks. The absolute eye-catchers are the bike chain and bell in bold neon yellow.
The Mini Folding Bike is available as of August 2011 for 499.00 Euro on MINI.de and from selected Mini dealers. The bike comes completely mounted. Additional accessories will soon be available.
• Frame: AAA Series, aluminium 7005 patented Fusion Technology
• Fork: Dahon Slipstream, aluminium U7 double-butt. Matt black
• Handlebar: Kinetix Comp double-butt. Aluminium, matt black
• Stem: Aluminium, matt black, height-adjustable, 2 x quick release
• Bar grips: Biologic ARX, screwed, black with grey lines
• Brakes: Kinetix V-brakes, front and rear
• Shifter / brake lever: Avid FR5 aluminium, matt black
• Crank set: Kinetix Supra forged aluminium l=170 mm black, aluminium chain guard
• Bottom bracket: BSA cartridge bearings, sealed, 3-set.
• Chain: Taya Chain OCTO,Teflon-coated, neon yellow
• Pedals: Folding pedals, aluminium body, black, non-slip
• Shift system: NEOS.2 for 8-speed, black
• Gear lever: Sram Twist 8-speed grip shift incl. cable control
• Cassette: Sram 8-gear, silver, 11-32 teeth
• Front wheel hub: Kinetix Neutron 74 mm, aluminium, black with hollow axle and SSP
• Rear wheel hub: Kinetix Comp. 8x cassette, black with hollow axle und SSP
• Rims: Kinetix Comp, hollow chamber, black with CNC brake track
• Tires: Schwalbe KOJAK 35-406 Dahon special edition
• Inner tubes: Schwalbe Unitube 20” AV6 (with car valve)
• Spokes: Niro Black, d=2mm, brass nipple, silver
• Saddle: Selle Royal Gel, black without logo
• Seat post: Super-Oversize 580 mm, patented head, aluminium, matt black with scale
• Saddle clamp: Dahon “Turtleneck” with quick release, black
• Passive lighting: Spokes, front and rear reflector (as accessory pack) and pedal reflectors according to DIN and STVZO (German Road Traffic Licensing Regulation)
• Bicycle bell: Thumb-lever bike bell, “Billy” model, same colour as chain
• Accessories: Transport bag in sleeve (fitted beneath saddle), MINI Folding Bike-specific operating instructions (various languages), component manufacturers’ operating instructions
• Chain case: Does not apply, see chain guard cover on crank set
• Others: Supplied assembled and ready to ride (non-inflated tyres in folded state), in special box with MINI Logo
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.