Thomas B. Jeffery Company's Rambler.
Rambler was a name employed by Thomas B. Jeffery, a wagon maker in Kenosha, Wisconsin, originally as the name of a line of bicycles.
In 1900 Jeffery decided to go into the new business of automobile manufacturing. He started building experimental autos that year. He started commercially mass-producing automobiles in 1902, and by the end of the year had produced 1,500 motorcars, one-sixth of all existing in the USA at the time.
Rambler introduced such early technical innovations as interchangeable wheels and spare tires. Ramblers were briefly marketed under the brand name Jeffery.
In 1916 Jeffery's firm was purchased by Charles W. Nash, and became part of Nash Motors. The Rambler brand name was dropped at the time of the merger and Jeffery assets were directed towards the manufacture of Nash brand automobiles.
Much of the material on this website is copyrighted. Original articles appearing herein are subject to copyright. Please don't copy stuff from the site without asking; it may belong to someone! Any trademarks appearing on this site are the sole property of the registered owners. No endorsement by trademark owners is to be construed. The products, brand names, characters, related slogans and indicia are or may by claimed as trademarks of their respective owners. Every effort has been made whenever possible to credit the sources. The use of such material falls under the Fair Use provisions of intellectual property laws.